All scholarships are based on availability and need unless otherwise stated. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be used to calculate financial need.
Full-time on-campus & distance learning students:
Scholarships are available to full-time students and are based on availability. For renewable scholarships, student accounts must be paid in full. Scholarship awards are determined by the scholarship committee. The following scholarships are available for students who meet the scholarship requirements (“not renewable” means the scholarship must be applied for each year):
- Christian Service: Undergraduate GPA of 2.7/4.0 or equivalent, with an aptitude for ministry; not renewable; $1,125 per year.
- James D. Beardsley Merit Scholarship: $1,000 per year to the returning full-time student with the highest GPA.
- UPCI Ladies Ministries Gwyn Oakes Presidential Scholarship $1,000 per year to a female student who has completed her first year of study.
- UPCI General Youth Division Youth Ministry Scholarships: Four $1,000 scholarships, for one year, available to students from UPCI churches.
- Faculty members of United Pentecostal Church International endorsed Bible Colleges (not based on need): 50% tuition reduction on any class(s) taken at UGST.
- Graduates of United Pentecostal Church International endorsed Bible Colleges or Urshan College(not based on need): First Year: 25% of tuition (if graduated with a BA from Bible College)
- Missions Scholarship: A 50% tuition reduction for appointed UPCI Global and North American missionaries. The Missionary must pledge a minimum of $25 in support of UGST. Full-time enrollment is not required.
- Merit Honors (not based on need): Undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent, with an aptitude for ministry; renewable if the student maintains GPA of 3.0 at Urshan Graduate School of Theology; $1,500 per year.
- Presidential Honors (not based on need): Undergraduate GPA of 3.5/4.0 or equivalent, with strong aptitude for ministry; renewable if the student maintains GPA of 3.5 at Urshan Graduate School of Theology; $2,250 per year.
- Spouse Tuition Scholarship (not based on need): 50% tuition reduction on any course taken at UGST. Spouses seeking the scholarship must apply to Urshan Graduate School, be accepted, and register for courses in the same way as other students. Spouse scholarships are available so long as the full-time student was registered for full-time status during the full preceding semester and has pre-registered for full-time enrollment in the following semester. The student spouse scholarship is available to students in all degree programs.
- UGST Alumni (not based on need): 50% tuition reduction on any class(s) taken at UGST that will not be applied to another degree.
- Oneness Pentecostal church Pastor and Assistant Pastor Scholarship: A 30% tuition reduction if the pastor’s church will pledge a monthly minimum contribution of $50 and will annually host a graduate school representative visit to promote UGST and take up an offering.