Urshan Receives Early Initial Accreditation
The faculty, staff, and administration of Urshan College (UC) and Urshan Graduate School of Theology (UGST) continue to prepare for the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year. There are numerous factors to consider as we look to the future and welcome back to campus our student body for the new school year. However, there is one objective that is no longer uncertain and no longer unrealized. Accreditation.
It is with great joy that I inform you that Urshan has been granted initial accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), effective June 25, 2020, the day that the Board acted. HLC President Barbara Gellman-Danley has informed us that the Urshan System meets “the Eligibility Requirements, the Assumed Practices, and the Criteria for Accreditation, including all Core Components, without any concerns.” The System is also in compliance with all Federal Compliance Requirements.
Earning initial accreditation is an objective that the Urshan Board, faculty, staff, and administration, have been working towards for some time. It is an amazing accomplishment for the Urshan family, the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI), and the Apostolic movement in general. Accreditation is a dream come true, a vision realized, that has inspired many of us for more than two decades. It would be impossible to recognize every individual and how they contributed, but we are thankful for all who have played a part.
Regional accreditation will afford our students and their families many resources such as:
- Students will be eligible to apply for for Federal Student Aid including grants and loans.
- Students may more easily transfer credits to other educational institutions.
- Foundations may be more likely to approve grants to the College.
- Military-related benefits may more easily be granted to students.
- Some employers may choose to grant tuition reimbursement for their employees.
- Some corporations may make matching gifts when their employees donate.
In His Service,
President Brent Coltharp